(As at December 2022)
- New $60m emergency department and general ward at Sutherland Hospital (2019).
- New $81m eight operating theatres and two endoscopy suites at Sutherland Hospital (due 2023 and 2024).
- $7m for MRI at Sutherland Hospital (due 2023).
- New $10m car park at Sutherland Hospital (2014).
- New integrated health facility on Sutherland Hospital campus (2015).
- New Ambulance Superstation at Caringbah (2018).
- Major redevelopments of St George Hospital (completed: new emergency department, acute services building and birthing suite and additional parking; due mid-2020s: new integrated ambulatory care precinct, increasing inpatient bed capacity and enhanced outpatient and community-based services).
Public and active transport
- Upgrading peak hour capacity on T4 Illawarra line by up to 30%.
- All regular timetabled train services on T4 Illawarra line now air conditioned.
- New ferry wharves at Kurnell and La Perouse (construction starting 2023, subject to federal environmental approval).
- Shared off-road bike / pedestrian pathway (SCATL) – Sutherland to Kirrawee completed; Jackson Ave to Gannons Road construction starts early 2023; other sections funded; progressive completion by mid-2020s.
- Grants for shared bike / pedestrian pathways at Woolooware Bay, Prince Charles Parade, Tonkin Oval, Wanda – North Cronulla, Elouera Road and Kiora Road.
- Opal card rolled out at all stations on T4 Illawarra line.
- New steel canopies at 10 Sutherland Shire train stations.
- New bus route 985 providing 272 trips per week between Miranda and Cronulla via Caringbah and Woolooware Bay.
- Extra buses to Kurnell and Lilli Pilli.
- Construction of M6 motorway underground south to Kogarah (due 2025).
- Planning of M6 motorway Kogarah to Loftus ($50 million spent).
- More than $1.5m grant for widening of Captain Cook Drive to four lanes between Woolooware Road and Elouera Road.
- Replacement of Gannons Road underbridge and grant to council to widen road underneath to 4 lanes.
- Upgraded intersection at Kingsway / Gannons Road Caringbah (extra right turn lane for Kingsway into Gannons Road).
- Upgraded intersection at Kingsway / President Avenue Caringbah (extra right turn lane for Kingsway into President Avenue).
- Upgraded intersection of Gerrale Street / Elouera Road / Kingsway Cronulla (extra right turn lane for Elouera Road into Kingsway).
- Upgraded intersection at Acacia Road / President Avenue Kirrawee.
- Other upgrades along Princes Highway in Kirrawee and Gymea (in progress).
- Upgraded intersection at Gymea Bay Road / President Avenue Gymea.
- Upgraded intersection at Captain Cook Drive / The Boulevarde / Taren Point Road Caringbah (extending and duplicating right turn lane from Taren Point Road southbound into The Boulevarde).
- Upgraded intersection at Taren Point Road / Koonya Circuit (extending the right turn lane from Taren Point Road northbound into Koonya Circuit).
- Upgraded intersection at Taren Point Road / Alexander Avenue / Holt Road.
- Upgraded intersection at Port Hacking Road / Princes Highway Sylvania.
- Extended clearways on Taren Point Road and (between Sutherland and Blakehurst) Princes Highway.
- Extended parking restrictions on Kingsway between Willarong Road and Kareena Road Caringbah.
- Traffic lights at Kingsway / Woolooware Road.
- Crash barriers on Captain Cook Bridge.
- Pedestrian barriers at Kingsway Cronulla.
- Flashing lights at all schools in the Sutherland Shire.
- Major upgrade of Cronulla High School – 10 new permanent learning spaces, a new canteen, new administration areas, upgraded student and staff amenities (construction commencing early 2023) and school hall extension (subject to tender).
- Air conditioning installation and upgrade at Caringbah, Kirrawee and Woolooware High Schools and Kurnell Public School.
- Lifts at Cronulla, Kirrawee and Woolooware High Schools; Gymea Bay Public School; and Jacaranda Preschool.
- Bathroom access upgrades at Cronulla, Kirrawee and Woolooware High Schools and Gymea Bay Public School.
- Walkways at Cronulla, Kirrawee and Woolooware High Schools and Burraneer Bay, Caringbah, Cronulla, Cronulla South, Gymea Bay, Laguna Street and Yowie Bay Public Schools.
- COLAs and outdoor shelters at Caringbah High School, Kirrawee High School; Caringbah North, Cronulla, Cronulla South, Kurnell and Woolooware Public Schools.
- Outdoor areas at Burraneer Bay, Caringbah, Cronulla, Grays Point, Kurnell, Laguna Street, Lilli Pilli, Woolooware and Yowie Bay Public Schools; Our Lady of Fatima Caringbah; OLMC Burraneer; St Francis De Sales School.
- Other projects including $60,000 to upgrade pedestrian footpaths at Our Lady of Fatima Caringbah, $50,000 for Cronulla South Public School library upgrade and $30,000 for Laguna Street Public School canteen.
- New LED lighting at most schools.
Environment and public spaces
(See also below under “Other”)
- 67km Great Southern Walk from Kurnell to Sublime Point – construction underway, scheduled finish 2024 (with more than $12m in upgrades already to Kamay and Royal coast tracks).
- New whale watching platform and associated amenities at Cape Solander – opened December 2022.
- New visitor centre at Kamay Botany Bay National Park – construction commencing 2023 (complementing public art installed 2020).
- $6.9 million for clifftop walk around Hungry Point, linking the Esplanade and Darook Park – construction commencing 2023.
- Around $850,000 of other funding for Hungry Point Reserve Cronulla upgrades for public opening, including new toilet block, picnic facilities, landscaping, additional lighting and signage.
- $46m upgrade to Cronulla Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Sewerage upgrades across the Shire, including $3m for new valves and controllers at Kurnell.
- $4.5m in Sydney Water upgrades to the Cronulla Wastewater Pumping Station.
- All Cronulla ocean beaches rated very good (6 beaches – the top rating – “excellent … water quality and …suitable for swimming almost all of the time”) or good (Boat Harbour and [South] Cronulla) in 2021-22 State of the Beaches report.
- $100,000 for viewing platform at Cronulla Park.
- $2.4 million for upgrades of Cronulla, North Cronulla, Elouera and Wanda Surf Life Saving Clubs.
- New $800,000 “super boat” for Marine Rescue NSW Botany Port Hacking Unit at Cronulla.
- New fire tankers for Grays Point and Kurnell Rural Fire Service.
Sport and recreation
(See also above under “Emergency services” for surf life saving)
- $2.8 million for 5 Sports at Endeavour Sports High School – construction of a new accessible all-weather indoor sports centre and replacement of main playing field with multi-sport synthetic surface.
- Over $2.2 million in grants for wharves and boating at Tonkin Street, Bonna Point, Lugano Avenue Burraneer, Wally’s Wharf, Hospital Bay and Gunnamatta Bay.
- $700,000 grant for council’s new Marang Parklands hockey fields near Greenhills Beach.
- Largest off shore artificial reef in NSW, off Port Hacking.
- $110,000 for Gymea United FC hall extension.
- $350,000 for Cronulla Seagulls FC clubhouse upgrades.
- New Service NSW one-stop shop at Westfield Miranda.
- $100,000 to renovate Cronulla Arts Theatre and extend foyer.