19 local community groups in the Cronulla electorate have secured funding from the NSW Government’s 2017 Community Building Partnership (CBP) program.
The program funds infrastructure projects for local community groups and schools and helps to pay for much-needed improvements.
The successful projects in the Cronulla electorate for 2017 are:
- Cronulla South Public School P&C (upgrade school library) $50,000
- Caringbah Baptist Church (pedestrian access upgrade) $29,000
- Caringbah Public School P&C (uniform shop and playground upgrades) $22,000
- Port Hacking Open Sailing Club (upgrades to rigging area and pontoon) $21,000
- Cronulla Public School P&C (upgrade school multi-purpose court) $20,000
- Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW Hungry Point Cronulla (security upgrade to safeguard rescue and boating safety education equipment) $20,000
- Civic Disability Services (accessibility upgrades to short stay centre) $16,500
- Lilli Pilli Public School P&C (refurbishment of school playground) $15,000
- Woolooware Public School P&C (upgrades to school outdoor area) $15,000
- Jacaranda Preschool (upgrade to disability access) $15,000
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School Caringbah (Infants play and learning zone and prayer space) $12,000
- St Andrew’s Anglican Church Cronulla (installation of fire and security doors in hall) $11,000
- Kirrawee High School P&C (upgrade outdoor learning space) $10,000
- Scouts Association NSW Branch Yowie Bay (Alcheringa Scout hall roof upgrade) $8,500
- Scouts Association NSW Branch Gymea (2nd Gymea scout hall kitchen upgrade) $8,500
- St Philip’s Anglican Church Caringbah (community garden and dishwasher upgrade) $7,000
- Sunnyfield Caringbah (sensory room for children’s respite service) $7,000
- Gymea Anglican Church (new roof for Thompson Hall) $6,000
- Woolooware High School P&C (replacement of shade sails) $5,000
I congratulate all the organisations that were successful in their applications. They have typically contributed their own significant funds to their projects, through the hard work and passion of their volunteer officers.
I am pleased this grassroots funding will directly benefit our local community.