I am delighted to announce that local sporting clubs in the Cronulla electorate will receive funding under the NSW Government 2017/18 Local Sport Grant Program.
The program provides an opportunity for local sporting clubs to access additional resources to deliver infrastructure projects and services to our community. Sporting clubs in the Cronulla electorate to receive a share of the $50,000 funding are:
- Sutherland District Cricket Club Inc – $13,221 for Tonkin Oval playing surface upgrade
- Cronulla Sharks Boardriders Club – $5,000 for uniforms and equipment
- Sydney South Hockey Association – $5,000 for hockey goals
- North Cronulla Junior Boardriders Club – $4,999 for uniforms and equipment
- Cronulla – Sutherland District Junior Rugby Football League Incorporated – $4,000 for safety fencing along storm water channel
- Cronulla Sutherland Kayak Club – $4,000 for paddles and shade tent
- Sharks International Water Polo academy – $4,000 for uniforms and equipment
- Wanda Surf Lifesaving Club Inc – $3,500 for community surf carnival
- Cronulla Sailing Club – $2,300 for uniforms and equipment
- Cronulla Sutherland Water Polo Club – $2,000 for coaching development and pathways program
- Woolooware Golf Club Limited – $1,980 for sport trainer courses for affiliated clubs
The program provides grants of up to $20,000 towards projects that support grassroots sport and improve participation rates.
Projects that are eligible include upgrades to local amenities or improving access to facilities, training programs and community events.
The next round of funding is expected to open in late 2018. For more information visit: https://sport.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/localsport