Eight community sport organisations across the Cronulla electorate will share in $50,000 of funding under the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program.
The successful projects will help promote local participation in a range of sports and provide a welcome boost for the dedicated volunteers and participants at eight of local sporting organisations.
The projects funded by the grants will help provide better equipment, facilities, training and events to help encourage kids and adults to get involved in sport and lead active and healthy lifestyles.
The projects receiving grants are:
- Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks JRLFC (canteen upgrade) $10,000
- Cronulla Youth Weight Training Association (new carpet in training area) $10,000
- Sutherland Shire Junior Cricket Association (new shade gazebos) $10,000
- Cronulla Seagulls Football Club (covers for synthetic pitch area) $6,367
- Cronulla Sharks Boardriders (education and training for juniors) $5,773
- Surfing Sutherland Shire (first aid and shark attach response training) $3,610
- Southside Malibu Club (replacement of core equipment) $2,250
- Elouera Boardriders Club (competition / event costs) $2,000.
Grants of between $2,000 and $10,000 per project were available with up to $50,000 available in each electorate.
More information about the program is available here.