Nine local sporting organisations in the Cronulla electorate have received grants under the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program.
Grants for the Cronulla electorate total $50,000.
Community sport is a big part of life in our local community in the Shire and I am delighted that hard-working local sporting organisations will benefit from these grants.
One of the focuses of the program is to improve access to sport for women and girls, so I am pleased to see the Sutherland Shire Junior Cricket Association will use their grant to help run a gala and development day for female players.
The following organisations have been successful in their applications for grants in 2022:
- Caringbah Redbacks Football Club – repaint clubhouse
- Port Hacking Croquet Club – park shelter and concrete installation
- South Cronulla Bowling and Recreation Club – replacement scoreboards
- Sutherland Shire Junior Cricket Association – female gala and development day
- Cronulla Sharks Boardriders – equipment trailer
- Cronulla Seagulls Football Club – all weather canteen upgrade
- Cronulla Sutherland Water Polo Club – new balls and goals for training
- St George and Sutherland Brewers Sports Club – replacement playing equipment
- Port Hacking Open Sailing Club – community security.