5 preschools in the Cronulla electorate will be receiving upgrades, thanks to a NSW Government initiative aiming to continually improve the environment of preschool services.
“A total of $73,185 has been invested in community preschools in the Cronulla electorate, as part of the NSW Government’s Quality Learning Environments program, which will fund improvements to preschool grounds and buildings, as well as specialised educational programs for children.
“In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, funds have been allocated for specialised educational programs and practices like art classes, yoga or dance lessons, along with service enhancements such as playground renovations or new carpet,” Mr Speakman said.
In this round of the grant program, the following services in the Cronulla electorate will receive upgrades:
- $14,776 for Caringbah Uniting Pre-School Kindergarten to install shade sails in the outdoor learning environment and presentation by Taronga Zoo Zoomobile
- $15,000 for Jacaranda Pre-School Caringbah to upgrade lighting and provide lighting to playground
- $15,000 for Grays Point Pre-School for a recycled rain water play area
- $13,409 to Kurnell Pre-School Kindergarten for outdoor blinds and painting
- $15,000 to Cronulla Pre-School Kindergarten for STEM Preschool Programs
For more information on the Quality Learning Environments program see: https://education.nsw.gov.au/early-childhood-education/operating-an-early-childhood-education-service/grants-and-funded-programs/quality-learning-environments